Thursday, July 1, 2010











The pictures above are of the Plaza de San Martin and this huge tree there that I wish I could build a tree-house in!

Uhm so I'm not quite sure what to say this time, nothing huge has developed recently, just alot of small things I suppose. So this might make no sense at all but I'll do my best to put everything together! Ozzie, the man I'm taking Spainish lessons with every tuesday and thursday, has become rather fond of me. He misses talking in English from when he lived in Miami so half the time we're 'learning' Spanish he's going on and on about how he loves the US. However I am still learning and its a good time while I'm there.

The last week has been different because the Dunlevy's are headed back to the states as of yesterday. So we've been winding some things down to help them get ready to leave. The Bible study Rich ended up having with Guri, Enrique and Dario went really well! One of the things the missionaries here often start with is the 7 signs of John. This is because most of them don't know what Christ is really like and focus more on Saints and Mary here as a part of tradition and only know Christ as a helpless baby or a cruxified man. So to show his miracles and what he's like is vital. The boys were really receptive and said they're definitely coming back.

Today I was given the task of figuring out the public transportation system here in La Plata. I took a bus to the train station, found out where the routes for the other north, south and east buses were and spent the day downtown. It was pretty crazy figuring it all out but after one test run it went smoothly.

Lastly I'm gonna talk some soccer. Tonight I scored the winning goal in the game we played so the older guys had a toast to my 'super goal' they called it. It was pretty lucky. However last weekend Argentina beat Mexico in the World Cup to make it to the Quarter-finals. When they scored people set off fireworks and when they won everyone came out of their houses and started driving around honking horns and waving flags and singing. I waved a flag from the roof of our apartment and sang along, people loved it. Lastly I got to go into Buenos Aires again on Monday with the Elledges. We went to Plaza de San Martin and spent some time there and on a shopping street called Florida. At the Plaza (mostly a large park) they have set up an area with a huge movie theater sized TV for watching the Argentina games together with many other fans. I'm gonna try to make it there to watch their next game this saturday... against Germany. I'm gonna have to be quiet if Germany happen to win but either way it's gonna be a great game!

Pray this week could be lastly for Guri because his Mom is opening up to us for the first time and might allow him to come to the camp if God stirs that in her! Also pray that the rest of my support comes in for this trip! Thanks for everything again and I'm praying for you all as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment