Monday, July 26, 2010

Nothing too crazy has happened lately but I felt that an update was due to all of you. Thing's are going well, the last week hasn't been too eventful but has been encouraging nonetheless. We've spent a fair amount of days inside due to rain and even gone out in the rain on some other days. In Argentina it's widely expect that people don't do anything when it's raining due to the fact that it can be hard to dry off in the winter. We've had the boys over for ping-pong, Enrique and Dario came over for Bible study on Tuesday night and we have hung out with the older guys several times. We've also been going to the kids houses to get their parents signature and to make sure which kids are coming to camp. So far Enrique and Dario are coming for sure and Junior and Dani are possibilities that we won't know if they're coming or not till thursday. The camp starts this thursday and goes through Sunday evening. Pray that whichever kids come with us are treated well by the other kids at the camp and that our boys can see God working in them. Continue to pray that Guri might be able to come last minute. We've been experiencing some spiritual resistance lately, Satan doesn't want to let us make any progress with Guri or any of the other boys. Small tihngs have continuously coming up that are keeping us from getting together with any of our contacts. Pray that we overcome it.
I can't believe I've only got 2 and a half weeks here left, it's going to be tough leaving all these kids and the guys we play soccer with. I feel like I've known them for an incredibly long time and they've told me that we're good friends and they want to have me come back sometime. They'd also like me to not leave at all but that'd be difficult. I thank God for my time with them though and I hope I'm used as a boost to the relationships that the missionaries here have with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment