Sunday, June 20, 2010
















So let's see.... where to start. Ok I think I got it, uhm about a week ago or so I began to get pretty sick. Like Migraines worse than I've had in a long, long time... they came and went, and then I also developed a stomach bug of sorts. This lasted for about 5 days into a missions retreat. Thank goodness I'm better now so thank all of you for your prayers! Once again the pics are out of order so from reverse time period, starting at the bottom up we've got: the place where we stayed for the retreat, a late night risk tournament, dancing in Boca, famous bridge in BA and a whole lot of meat at a fantastic place we ate.

So yeah this last week was a Missions retreat to a real nice quiet place on the other side of Buenos Aires. It was large and I saw more grass in that one yard than I've seen in the 3 weeks I've been here. It was the 3 missionary families in the La Plata team I'm working with (Elledges, Dunlevy's and Gorniks) and then two older missions couples who have live and worked in Argentina for a very long time. We were able to have alot of down time, which included watching the Argentina world cup game (awesome game it was) and play some games. The adults had a session or two each day where they asked the two older and more experienced couples questions and just fellowshipped. During that time I was responsible for entertaining the children. This included playing tag, acting like gorillas, throwing frisbees, traveling to outer space, coloring and crafting, dancing and being taken to jail multiple times by superheroes. Thankfully I had some assistance from the sister of Jil Elledge, who is here on vacation for several weeks.

On friday most the families were tired and went home but I went with the Elledges to Boca. Boca is a section of BA that is known for being colorful and artsy and also a focal point to some good Argentine dancing. Afterwards we met with the Baileys at their house in BA for some downtime and then went out for supper. We got to see a sweet bridge in BA, walk around alittle of downtown and, you guessed it, eat steak. By this time I was pretty wiped out from taking care of little kids all week and pretty ravenously hungry since it was 11:30 at night and I had last eaten lunch at 12:30 taht afternoon. Thankfully the place did not dissapoint with yet again some delicious meat in unlimited quantities. I also tried intenstines for the first time. It wasn't too bad actually. I then collapsed when we went home and all that.

So all in all there were some great times, great food, I'm healthy again and I got to hang out with the boys again today and even met some new ones. Please pray for Dario, Enrique, Guri and Jonathan as today we talked to their parents about attending camp with us in a few weeks. It would be a huge step for the boys and a great opportunity for them. Especially pray for Guri as his mother is isn't a fan of us, the Mormon's down here have a large presence and are against us. They have been talking to Guri's mother alot lately. Thanks again for all your prayers! If you have any prayer requests just message me!

No comments:

Post a Comment